Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reset: Master Cleanser Day 1

I've been craving a cleanse on and off for several years now, but haven't been able to do it since I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding.  Granted,  I'm still nursing my 16 month old, but she's not totally dependent on my breasts for sustenance, and I feel I'm in a good spot to do it.  My main motivation for this cleanse is the hope that it will reset my system and help the mystery hives that I have been dealing with for the past 7 years or so.

I decided to do the Master Cleanser, sometimes known as the Lemonade Diet.  I have tried it once before, but if I remember correctly I didn't get past day 3; in any case I have never done it for the recommended 10 days.  I'm aiming for the full 10 this time, with the added challenges of having to feed and watch my kids eat (I keep wondering how I am going to manage their inevitable leftovers!)

I have been preparing myself for the cleanse for the past week or so by focusing on raw food again and also emptying the fridge of the perishables that will not last the 10 days.  Today is my first official day; I drank only fresh pressed juices in the morning and just now had my first glass of "lemonade".

I thought that this would be a good motivation for blogging, too, as I really am not that good at posting consistently :D  I'll post everyday to let you know how I'm doing.  So far so good...










2 comments:

  1. i'm interested to read more about The master cleanse. i could definitely use one as well. i've been eating really well all summer, eating tons of organic/raw food..yet i'm breaking out worse then i ever have before..wtheck?? i'm interested to see how it goes for you. i've never done well with fasting, i have to eat constantly. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing to you from the end of day 5, I actually haven't been very hungry though it. The lemonade really has been taking care of the hunger, though not the cravings and, well, my habitual desire to graze.

    ReplyDelete