Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

I Say NO to CAPTCHA!

From Mrs. Marine and the Tiny Troops: Blogging Tips: Comment Forms - Say NO to CAPTCHA: "First off, Please, I'm begging you all, turn off Captcha!!! Disable Captcha for blog comments!!

... unless your having problems with spam and you think a computer is generating the spam, then what do you need captcha for? Want a second opinion? Click Here!
It's really annoying when I fill out the log-in info, click "Post Comment", I assume I'm done at this point, but NO the form refreshes and then the Captcha shows up, its a little easier when its at least there to begin with...."



I can't agree with this more. It's so annoying when I go to submit a comment on a blog, think I'm done, then later realize there is a pop up comment box waiting for me to enter a tangle of often illegible letters. If you are a blogger and do have a problem with spam, I urge you to moderate your comments, not make it harder for fans to interact with you and your blog.


I'm joining up with bloggers saying "NO" to Captcha! 



3 comments:

  1. They're getting harder as the bots get better.... I fail many times and have to refresh and get a new "puzzle"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're so silly and highly annoying. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've have spam comments on my blog. I'm with you; turn it off!

    ReplyDelete