Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 3: When Life Hands You Lemons or "Oh God, there is half a peanut butter cup on the counter"

I can't decide whether I should write that it is "already day 3" or "only day 3".  The middle of the night trip to the bathroom is turning into a routine.  This time I looked at the clock- 3:30am- and then went back to bed until just before 8 when I got up to do my salt water flush.  I find it amazing (and a little disgusting) that it took three days of not eating to clear my bowels completely.  I added an extra teaspoon of sole to my salt water this morning since it seemed a little weak yesterday.  I'm not sure if it is the salt I am using, but I found it absolutely delicious this morning, contrary to the reaction people tend to have.  The warm saltiness is a welcome change to the lemonade, which, by the way, I have also been able to modify a little depending on the method I use to juice the lemons.  I have been switching between throwing whole lemons in my juicer and just squeezing them.  Juicing the peel makes for a slightly more bitter brew, and according to Burroughs, (author of The Master Cleanser) also adds to the cleansing and laxative effect.
I took the girls to story hour and stopped by Kroger on the way back to pick up more lemons.  I ended up with limes instead since they were cheaper and smaller (better for my citrus press), and they will also add another welcome taste variation.

Overall, I feel really good!  My energy level is good.   My skin (I think) already looks brighter, softer and clearer.  I haven't had any of the stomach pain that has plagued me for the past few weeks.  I would have to say that my main challenge is the cravings.  For instance, I made Kiira a peanut butter sandwich for lunch and she didn't eat it; it is still sitting on the table and calling to me.  I walked through the kitchen a little while ago and instinctually reached for a banana before I remembered that I am not eating food right now.

Alright, the sandwich is gone, the girls have had their dinner and I am looking forward to winding down for the evening.  I'm feeling hungry again, so I will have another glass or two of limeade.  In a couple hours I will be ready for my tea... and the end of the first third of the cleanse.  :P

Someone needs to eat the rest of that peanut butter cup... I don't think it will be difficult to talk Kiira into that :D

Until tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment