Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 10: How NOT to Break a Fast

Coming to you from Day 11 12... I've been a bit preoccupied the past couple of days and didn't get to post.  All was going well on Day 10.  We took a trip to the grocery store and loaded up on all sorts of yummy things that I will be able to eat in a few days, including a bunch of organic oranges to juice.  Good thing I got all that done, because later that afternoon I slipped on something and fell and hurt my foot pretty badly.  I put ice on it and hoped that it was just a sprain or a bruise, but by the evening it was really swollen and I couldn't put any weight on it, so off to the ER I went.  About 3 hours later, the doctor came in said that I had indeed broken my foot (the first bone I have ever broken!).

As you can see, I didn't get a cast, but I do have to go see an orthopedist in the beginning of next week.  I wanted to post the x-ray of my foot, but I couldn't open it on the disk the doctor gave me.  Anyway,
I got back just before midnight, and went back over to my neighbors' house, where Kiira and Hana had already fallen asleep.  I came home for a minute to let the dogs out, rinse my sprouts, and make my senna tea, and then headed over there to sleep with them.  Since I wasn't at home in the morning, I didn't get to do my salt water flush, so I opted to start the day with a cup of peppermint tea; nevertheless, I am still amazed at how much is coming out of me!  Where is it coming from!??!

When we got home, I made myself a lemonade, and then a while later decided to go for the orange juice. In my opinion, there is nothing quite like fresh pressed orange juice, even when one hasn't been fasting.  I feel a little sorry for all the people who come off their Master Cleanses and start drinking boxed orange juice, even if it is the Not-From-Concentrate stuff.  No problems with the orange juice, so over the next few hours I squeezed a couple more small glasses. I noticed myself feeling a bit hungry. Later that afternoon I started getting tired of the o.j. and decided to press one of the long awaited cantaloupes.  Oh, my goodness... now this was heaven!  (The fruit flies were in complete agreement.)  I set a humane trap for the fruit flies using a bit of the cantaloupe peel for the bait, cleaned up the kitchen a bit and sat down.  It had probably been less than 20 minutes when I noticed my lip starting to puff up in a hive.  I wasn't getting the more usual and superficial body hives that I get, but rather the more annoying kind where they pop up more under my skin.  Rats.  Right at that moment a friend of mine called saying that he would be picking me up in 20 minutes to go for a boat ride, so I decided to pop a Claritin.  Now I am a little scared to try the rest of the cantaloupes, because I have really been hoping that I am not sensitive to salicylate- cantaloupes are high in salicylate- and I would really, really hate to give up fresh cantaloupe juice!  I guess I will just have to drink up while the antihistamine is still working today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment