Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cleanse Day 2

I will spare you the graphic details of the cleanse, not that it has been bad so far.  There are other bloggers out there that go into every little detail of the detox, so if that is what you want, you will have to look elsewhere.  I will say that I felt pretty good all day yesterday.  I had no real huger pains or cravings. Even cooking the girls' dinner was no problem.  Around 9pm, however,  I suddenly started feeling really jittery and shaky.  I made myself one more lemonade, then settled into bed with my senna tea.  Although I was tired, I had a hard time falling asleep (further aggravated by the fact that my 3 year old, Kiira, "wasn't tired" at 10:30) Eventually sleep came, and sometime early, early in the morning I had to get up as the tea was making its way through me. When I went back to bed, I had sensations of not only my body being cleansed, but also my mind and spirit. I got back to sleep for a while and woke up feeling quite rested.

Today started with the salt water flush.  I used 8 tsp. of Himalayan salt solution in 1qt. of water, as suggested on the Raw Food Site forum.  The Master Cleanser book says to use 2 tsp. salt;  someone did the math and calculated that this was the correct amount of sole to use.  I found this amount of salt quite palatable, but I was a little worried that it wasn't enough salt for it to work properly.  However, within 15 or 20 minutes of drinking the quart of warm salty water I felt things moving in me and was again in the bathroom.

The morning went by slowly.  I've had 4 glasses of lemonade so far, and have felt a bit hungry.  Mostly though, I want to eat just to eat.  I am noticing how much of the eating I do is simply instinctual, or even brought on by boredom. I am also noticing food related Facebook posts more (the Co-op hit me hard with their mention of handmade bagels and chocolate-strawberry cupcakes this morning!) In a way, I think it might even help that I have to prepare food for the kids.  I don't get to eat it, but it keeps me occupied and I do get to engage my other senses.

Ironically, the October issue of Vegetarian Times also arrived in my mailbox today.   After I write this I am going to sit down and devour it :D

I'm down almost three pounds since yesterday (part of this is probably just daily fluctuation) and I started menstruating.  It seems a little early, but I haven't really been keeping track these days.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Keep your wits about you, tho. I really hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete