Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 5: Halfway!

I had a feeling that since yesterday was so unremarkable, that I'd probably have more to write about today. For one thing, I've made it to the halfway point!  I didn't feel the need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but when I woke up in the morning I felt really lousy: weak and shaky.  I got up and made myself my salt water and chugged it down, hoping that getting things moving would help.  No luck; it was taking too long and I really started feeling hungry, so I made myself a lemonade, too.  That seemed to help a bit, and when the salt water did its trick I felt a tiny bit better as well.  I was still feeling really weak and pasty in the mouth, so I drank more water. I drank a big glass and then felt somewhat nauseous. It's interesting that I feel a bit dehydrated even though all I have been consuming for the past 4 days is liquids!   I think I have been focusing more on the lemonade for the past four days, and I will be drinking a lot of water today. The salt water flush had me going to the bathroom more than any of the other mornings, and I also take back what I said about clearing my intestines in three days as the last trip this morning was the first that has really been clear.  (Sorry if it is TMI.)  I also suddenly noticed that I DIDN'T HAVE MY USUAL MORNING HIVES!  Still feeling pretty lousy, I finally decided to lie down for a bit, and after 10 or 15 minutes I started feeling a little better, at least enough to get up and start cleaning the bedroom for a guest this evening. 


I have been making mental lists of things I would like to eat once this cleanse is finished.  My neighbor requested a wheatberry salad that I haven't made in ages for a get-together this afternoon. It looks delicious... wish I could eat it.  I'd also like to make more veggie sushi rolls.  Vegan marshmallows. Hummus. Oh goodness, all this maple syrup makes me think of pancakes :D I have to remember not to go crazy with all the food once I start eating again.  I remember once, years ago, I  forgot I was fasting and I accidentally accepted a beer someone offered me.  What a way to break a fast! 

Anyway, it's nearing the end of the day again, hooray! I'm excited yet a little hesitant to say that I only got a few hives all day. I hope it's not just a coincidence.



No comments:

Post a Comment