Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Last Creation Day and a Schoolroom Snapshot

God-made/Man-made chart
Since my own classes started up on Thursday, I've been wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew, and how to best organize our days. I was getting a little too comfortable during the long summer break. I'm really glad that we are ahead of the game in regards to Miss K's schooling; we fortunately have the flexibility to take it as fast or slow as we want. A couple of days ago I was feeling pretty overwhelmed and actually considered stopping and continuing MFWK next year. The next day I thought about doing just 3 or 4 days a week, instead. Then again, it seems that doing school each morning gives a nice start and structure to the day, so I think as long as I can enforce a nice long quiet time each afternoon, we could work it all in. The long weekend was refreshing for me. I even refrained from logging into class the whole day yesterday, which is something I really should try to do at least once a week for my own sanity.

Today we finished the Creation unit, and we're ready to start on S-s-sun.  But where is the sun? After this long, hot, dry spell, it's hiding and we're finally getting some rain! It would be nice to have some sun for the experiments, but at the same time, I'm not wishing away the rain.

I finally got the bulletin board up! The room has come together nicely, and I am so glad that we are finally using the downstairs space (even if it does give me another room to clean)!
Here's a view of where we've been spending most of our time:


I'll post more of the rest of the space when I get the styrofoam pieces swept up from Miss H's fun time today...

No comments:

Post a Comment