Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesdays are easier

I haven't been writing much lately because I am in the middle of finals. Finals that are kicking my behind and making me scream and tear my hair out. I am SO ready for this semester to be over!! I should be back to posting a little more often after the end of the semester. In the meantime, I am getting really excited about our new patio fireplace and oven. I've been enjoying watching it come together over the past few days, and this morning I had the thought that if I don't make it in web design & new media, I will become a brick mason. I love watching the men skillfully slap mud on bricks and then tap them into place. It seems really relaxing and meditative. Actually, after putting in most of the pavers of our patio and walkway (while pregnant and then a couple weeks later with Miss H in a sling on my back), I know for a fact that I would enjoy the work. As long as someone carried the bricks for me, that is.
Hopefully, I will make it through the next two weeks alive and will be back to writing towards the end of the month. In the meantime, prayers to get me through this are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. praying for you, always :) and excited to help ring in the summer on that new brick patio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are interesting thoughts! Laying stone and brick has always seemed really cool to me, too! I remember once when your brother and one of his little friends tried to make a wall out of mud and some leftover bricks! Not as easy as it looks, they found out! Anyway, good luck and keep thinking outside the box! Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete