Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Am Focused- Brazil Nut "Parmesan"

You didn't think I would leave you with just the picture, did you?

I absolutely LOVE the "I Am Focused" brazil nut parmesan recipe from I Am Grateful: Recipes and Lifestyle of Cafe Gratitude.
Simply toss 1 cup of brazil nuts, 1 clove of garlic, and 1/3 tsp salt into a food processor, process with the S-blade until fine and fluffy, and enjoy! According to the book, this is one of the most popular garnishes at Cafe Gratitude, and after one taste I could understand why. It's great on pasta (or raw veggie noodles), but I  think it is especially fabulous on leafy green salads.  Having recently reaffirmed my love of garlic, I admit that I add more than one clove of garlic to my mix.

As long as I am raving about the brazil nut "parmesan", I should say that I have found I Am Grateful to be one of the more accessible raw food recipe books that I have read. The recipes are very tasty, and many of them do not require a lot of exotic ingredients (though a dehydrator and good blender are recommended). For instance, it seems that young coconuts are a staple in many raw food books, and although I love them, it is just not feasible for me to prepare a lot of food with them since I have a hard time finding young coconuts around here. (And when I do, they are expensive!) Granted, there are a few recipes in I Am Grateful that do call for young coconuts. You will also need Irish moss to prepare some of the desserts and, I think, a couple of the cheeses. Overall, though, there are enough recipes with more common ingredients to make this book well worth it; the "I Am Original" onion bread, the recipe through which I was actually introduced to this book, is amazing, and probably worth the price of the book alone.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment