Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Kashi TLC Peanutty Dark Chocolate Layered Granola Bars Review



I grew up eating Kashi products, and have enjoyed watching the company evolve over the years; they've come a long way from the Breakfast Pilaf they were making 25 years ago! As a Moms Meet blogger, I was recently selected to sample Kashi TLC Peanutty Dark Chocolate Layered Granola Bars with my mom's group. 








In all honesty, I found the chocolate layer a little... gummy. I'd prefer it darker and fudgier. They were a big hit with the kids, though, especially in the beginning! Each Kashi ®TLC ® Peanutty Dark Chocolate Layered Granola Bar has 7 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein, so they're great for stashing in the glove compartment for when the kids start getting cranky during car rides. My mom's group loved them, too, and they gave them high marks all around. These bars are not vegan, so I personally will not be purchasing them in the future. 

I also received a box of Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bars, which contain 3 grams of fiber and 11g of whole grains in each serving. The kids and I were not as fond of these... I think the Kashi bars are all okay, but I really prefer their cereals.

In addition to the granola bars, I also received a box of  Kashi ® Cinnamon Harvest ® Cereal.  bite-sized organic whole-wheat biscuits (think Shredded Wheat), lightly sweetened and baked with real organic cinnamon. 
Each serving supplies over 20 percent of your daily fiber requirements and over 2/3 of your daily recommended whole grain intake. This cereal is so good!! I was pleasantly surprised to read the ingredient list, too. I knew that Kashi’s products are natural, minimally processed, and free of highly refined sugars, artificial additives, and unnatural preservatives, so of course, I didn't expect to find anything awful in there, but I also wasn't expecting a total of FOUR ingredients!  Awesome! I can't wait to try the other flavors!


Kashi ® TLC ® Peanutty Dark Chocolate Layered Granola Bars retail for $3.89. Find them at most major grocery stores nationwide. 
Find Kashi online at Kashi.com and on their Facebook page. By the way, Kashi has a really great interactive website with tons of information about their products and ways to connect!






Disclaimer: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetSM blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product.



No comments:

Post a Comment