Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

N-n-nest

I've gotten a little behind in blogging about school. I've again been feeling a little overwhelmed with everything (even after dropping one of my own classes!) and could use a break from everything but My Father's World. The weeks pass so quickly and I have been a little unprepared in the way of library trips and getting the books for our book basket. When I do get the books ahead of time, Miss K begs me to read them even though we're not ready to start the next unit :) As usual, here are some photos of what we were up to 
Animal homes chart
Tactile letter activity (Miss K pretended she was building a nest)
My mom found this nest when she was visiting this spring.

A color, cut & paste page we found online
I'm not sure what site that printable was on, but I discovered some great customizable worksheets like this one at Twisty Noodle:

While not entirely related to nests, we had a nice surprise in the beginning of our N-n-nest week when this pretty little Vireo flew into the house! I think it may have sensed that I wasn't going to eat it, and it was quite content to sit on my finger (although it did not like the flash from the camera).




Books we used:

Our Nest  by Reeve Lindbergh 
Flap Your Wings by  P.D. Eastman
My 'n' Book by Jane Belk Moncure
Home for a Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown 
Bird Nests by Helen Frost





No comments:

Post a Comment