Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

21 Day Raw Cleanse

For lack of a better term, I've been feeling a little... jiggly lately.  Nothing too awful, and secretly I've been telling myself that it's "womanly". However, I'd really like to firm up a little more, and there are a couple pounds I'd like to lose, especially around the belly and hips.

I also have gotten really far from a raw diet again, and even ended up consuming some dairy when my parents were visiting this summer (sigh...there is just nothing that really compares to real cream in coffee...)

At the last minute, I discovered The Garden Diet and 21 Day Raw Cleanse, and decided to go for it. 21 days of raw food recipes, online community, & exercise videos seemed like a good way to get me back on track. And lose that jiggle.

We're on day 3 now. So far I've really been enjoying it. The recipes have been simple and tasty so far. It's also nice to know I'm not alone; the community is so friendly and supportive,we even have Program Pals to keep us accountable during those occasional cravings.

I actually haven't really had any cravings, though, because the food has been really tasty and nourishing. I forgot to take a picture of the salad I had for lunch yesterday until I was halfway though it. It was such a nice change from my usual salads, yet the dressing was practically the same as what I out on mine (lemon, olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt). I never would have thought to combine tomatoes and beets, but it was so good that I made it again today alongside today's lunch of raw Celery Chowder.

Check out this picture someone shared on Facebook today! I found it really appropriate for today.


Is a 3-week raw food cleanse something you would ever consider doing? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment